Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Abiding in Christ

“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." John 15:5

Christ, the Vine, is THE one and only source of life to us, the branches.  I looked up the Greek meaning of the word abide and was so blessed by all that it means to abide in Christ:

This is a picture of Strong's Concordance, a wonderful tool to looking up the Greek and Hebrew meanings of Biblical Words. 

I started thinking a little more about different words in the definition....

"to tarry" : waking up to read the Word, listen to God's voice, and basking in His presence enjoying His love

"to not depart" : Even when I feel far away from Christ, He is ALWAYS holding me close, never leaving or forsaking me.

"to be held" : how beautiful and comforting knowing that I am held in the King of the Universes' palm

"to remain as one" : I am UNITED with Christ. It is no longer I that lives but Christ in me (Galatians 2:20)

"to not become different" : as I abide in Christ, my life starts to look no different than His

King's Daughter, I pray you abide in Christ. Sit at His feet, read His Word, talk to Him throughout the day, and enjoy the fruit that is produced in your life through Christ.







No comments:

Post a Comment