Monday, February 20, 2012

Confidence in Christ

Confession: I am not much of a dog person (I can hear your gasp now!). With that being said, the other day, I was talking to a cute guy with a dog and decided to pretend for a sec that I do indeed love dogs.

The result: maimed hand.




















The dog clawed my hand! I walked away thinking, "really, Sarah?"

Why did I try to change myself to win this guy's approval? This question applies to more than boys. Why do we change our behavior, language, likes & interests, or opinions for friends, parents, co-workers, or even strangers?

King's daughter, be confident in who the Lord made you!

“For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God preordained that we should walk in them!” Ephesians 2:10

You are His workmanship! Everything about you from your hair color, eye color, and body type to your sense of humor, personality, gifts & talents has been perfectly ordained by your Creator! He intricately knit you in your mother's womb, you are fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139).

Do not let fear of man, need for approval or attention, or insecurities keep you from living in the fullness of who God made you. No need to pretend to be someone you are not to fulfill other's expectations or win their acceptance. No need to drink, gossip or cuss because you want to be a part of a certain crowd.

Christ in you will be your confidence. Christ in you will erase any people-pleasing so your words and actions reflect who He made you to be.

"For the LORD will be your confidence, And will keep your foot from being caught," Proverbs 3:26

(Or in my case, "will keep your hand from being scratched...")





No comments:

Post a Comment