Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Jesus is my Boyfriend...nope not a joke.

Yup, I said it: Jesus is my boyfriend. I know, I know - it's a cheesy phrase that often gets made fun of in secular and Christian circles alike. But this morning in my quiet time, Jesus revealed Himself as the most perfect "boyfriend" of all. Whatever desires I am looking to be fulfilled in an earthly boyfriend, my loving Savior has already fulfilled perfectly. So here we go....


He pursues me
“What man among you, if he has a hundred sheep and has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open pasture and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? When he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing...I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven” Luke 15:3-7 

He holds my hand
“Yet I am always with you. You hold me by my right hand,” Psalm 73:23

He sings songs for me
“The LORD your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.” Zephaniah 3:17 

He takes me to the best parties
 “You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over." Psalm 23:5

He opens my doors
The Lord says, “I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name." Revelation 3:8 

He gives great advice
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye." Psalm 32:8

He tells me I am beautiful
 “I am enthralled by Your beauty.” Psalm 45:11 

He makes me laugh
"You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16:11 

He is good lookin'
"One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek Him in His temple." Psalm 27:4

He takes me on adventures
"Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater works than these, because I am going to the Father." John 14:12

He always wants to hang out with me
"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me." Revelation 3:20

Whenever I mess up, He always forgives and forgets!
 “I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more." Isaiah 43:25 25

When I’m having a bad day, He always makes me feel better.
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30

He will never break up with me.
“The LORD your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6 

King's Daughter, trade in loneliness for enjoying the loveliness of the Lord. 
You have ALL you want and need in Jesus Christ.
"Earth has nothing I desire besides [Jesus]," Psalm 73:25

1 comment:

  1. Love it, sweet Sarah! I'm teaching Sunday school at church to the 7th and 8th graders using a course called "Sex, God, and Me," and we've have discussions about what it means to have God as our "spouse." Wish I had had these verses to support the conversation! Love you so much and am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete