Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Secret to a GREAT Quiet Time

Put the Cell Phone AWAY!
My "cell phone free" zone during my quiet time!

That's right. I am asking you to part with your phone for at least 20 minutes a day during your quiet time. I know you might think I'm crazy but I promise that it will be worth it. There are so many Scriptures about finding God in stillness, in quiet, in peace. How can you settle you heart, mind, body, and soul when texts are coming, calls are ringing, Facebook is updating, people are Tweeting, and emails are flooding into your inbox?

King's daughter, be still and know that He is God. Put your cell phone in the other room (don't even use it to check the time! Use a clock or watch!) and let the Lord use your undistracted time to speak to your heart and reveal His Word. I know you can do it!

“Be still, and know that I am God; 
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10


Jesus knew the absolute necessity of alone time with God. Though He did not have a cell phone to put away, He still had multitudes clamoring to hear Him preach and 12 men to disciple every day.
"Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed." Mark 1:35

Put the cell phone in another room.
Find a comfortable chair.
Open up the Word.
Talk to the Lord.
Hear His Voice.
See Him change your heart!

If you need material for a quiet time, check out the creative Bible study I co-wrote:



No comments:

Post a Comment