Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sharing Your Faith? No sweat!

"Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel." Ephesians 6:19

How should this verse give you relief when it comes to sharing your faith? Paul says, "Pray that...the words may be given to me." I know that sharing the gospel, speaking words of Biblical encouragement, or even bringing up God in a conversation can be intimidating. King's daughter, read Ephesians 6:19-20 and take courage! God will give you the words to say. No need to over-think or try to say the perfect thing. Satan tries to make you believe that you are not smart or eloquent enough to share your faith. He also sends the fear of rejection and persecution your way. Do not let the devil take power that doesn't belong to him. The enemy's tactics have been defeated by the cross and you walk in victory, fearlessness, and boldness as as King's daughter. Be encouraged that the Lord will give you the exact words to say when you share your faith! Pray His provision causes you to be fearless as you boldly proclaim the name of Jesus Christ to the world.

Moses tried to excuse himself out of fear when God called him to speak to the Israelites.

"Moses said to the LORD, “Pardon your servant, Lord. I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue.” The LORD said to him, “Who gave human beings their mouths? Who makes them deaf or mute? Who gives them sight or makes them blind? Is it not I, the LORD? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.” Exodus 4:10-12

The Lord made your mouth to be used for His glory! Trust that He will give you words, help you speak, and teach you what to say.



No comments:

Post a Comment