Friday, January 20, 2012

You Are Forgiven



I took this picture from my childhood Bible. I wrote when I was 5 years old...clearly I before I knew how to spell.


“If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and will heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14

Have you ever done something that keeps haunting you? You walk around feeling ashamed, embarrassed and guilty. You keep replaying it in your head and wishing it never happened. Well, I have. I was so distracted and weighed down by the guilt of what I did.

This is EXACTLY how Satan wants us to feel. Too far gone from grace. Too sinful to be forgiven. Too embarrassed to approach the throne. Too ashamed to pray.

King's daughter, this is the opposite of the gospel! Through Jesus’ death on the cross, our sins are forgiven!! Let’s look at 2 Chronicles 7:14 to see how we receive this forgiveness and walk in the freedom of God’s grace.

Our Part:"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves...."Confession takes humility! Sin separates you from God and breaks His heart. Forgetting your pride, realizing your sin, and sincerely confessing restores your fellowship with God. "When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom." Proverbs 11:2

"And pray and seek My face..."Come to the throne!! The King of the Universe that loves you more than you could imagine is waiting to extend His forgiveness. Though you might feel like running and hiding from God, seek Him. Come back to His presence. Spend time in the Word. Enter into prayer. There you will experience His unconditional, amazing love and forgiveness. “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness." Jeremiah 31:3

"And turn from their wicked ways..."Make a new commitment to God to turn away from the sins entangling you. Ask God to change your heart and take away your sinful desires. Find accountability, set boundaries, and most of all stay abiding in Him. "Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Ps. 51:10

God's Response:
"Then I will hear from Heaven..."
God is waiting patiently to hear your cry from Heaven. Imagine how the dad felt when his prodigal son came home – he was so excited he RAN to his son and wrapped him in his arms. Trust that your Heavenly Father hears your cry and will respond in the same loving, comforting way. “But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him." Luke 15:20

"and will forgive their sins..."Let me repeat. God says, "I WILL forgive their sins." He does not say maybe – it is a guarantee. He erases the shame, guilt and embarrassment. I can picture Him saying, “I forgive you! You are white as snow! Now leave what is behind and move forward in my grace!” “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1John 1:9

"and will heal their land..."We must be healed. Whatever wound, sin, or desire lead to the sin must be healed by Christ. The repercussions of sin in your life, and even its impact on others, can all be healed by God too! Trust that His power can amend any situation."Love covers over a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

King's daughter, whatever sin is weighing you down - gossiping, cheating, outright rudeness to others, mistakes with boys or alcohol, lying, or idolatry in your heart – bring it to the throne. Experience God’s unconditional love and forgiveness!! Humble yourself, pray and seek God, turn from your ways and receive his forgiveness and healing. He is waiting to rescue us from our sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment