Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Regal Family Dinner



























When the girls were growing up, once a week we had "Family Night." One family member would choose a theme and we would decorate, cook, and do an activity all around his or her theme. We had a baseball night, "backwards night" (clothes on backward, dessert first, dishes upside down on the table), pink night, Power Rangers Night, teddy bear night - I could go on and on reminiscing on our celebrative family nights. Now that my girls are in their 20's, the Lord gave me this "mature" family night idea in my quiet time. I set the 5 place settings according to each family member's favorite things! I used different dishes, vases, glasses, decor, ribbons, and props to make each one special for my family. We had hunting for Wayne, turquoise for Elizabeth, blue and gold for Caroline, modern for Sarah, and gold crowns for me (of course). I cooked fajitas, lit candles, and we all sat down for a festive family night!

Try this with your family! Celebrate the way God made each member individually and uniquely.
"Let us celebrate!" Luke 15:23

No comments:

Post a Comment