Monday, March 26, 2012

ALL THINGS through Christ

“I am the vine, you are the branches.  He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." John 15:5

As a branch, your quality of life and "fruit" depend solely on your abiding connection to Christ. Apart from Him, you can do nothing. The concept of “trying harder” or “doing better” is an illusion. Just yield to The Best, “Christ in you, the hope of glory” (Col. 1:27).

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil. 4:13

 ALL THINGS means ALL THINGS! Take God at His Word. Whatever you think it too challenging or too far-fetched, surrender it to the Lord and live by His promise: "with God nothing will be impossible" (Luke 1:37). Die to your flesh daily and let Christ do all things in and through you.

I wrote this song when I was utterly exhausted trying to manage King's Daughters on my own strength. I was running an errand late at night for a show the next day and all I could tell God was, "I can't do this on my own." The Lord turned my prayer into a song...





This song also coordinates with "You are United" - chapter 4 of our Bible Study, A Regal Relationship with The King. Here is the teaching video that goes along with the chapter and song:


No comments:

Post a Comment