Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Secret of the Cartwheel



O.K. I have a peculiar secret! I do cartwheels frequently to praise the Lord! Also during difficult times, it is the perfect way to stir up my faith and excite my spirit! It is a form of worship for me. I discovered this "move" when the Lord gave me this idea in 1996. If Jesus is in me, prompting me to do cartwheels, doesn’t this prove He is a fun God?! My three girls always get a kick out of it too. I have discovered they like their quirky, celebrative, kingdom cheerleader mom! (Even if they didn't like it, I'd still cartwheel to my heart's delight)

“You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; 
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.” Psalm 16:11

 
I did my cartwheel today because Sarah and I are doing a 7th and 8th Mother/Daughter Regal Tea at the gorgeous Adolphus Hotel in downtown Dallas (where I had my wedding reception 29 years ago!). We had just planned out all the details and I was so excited I said to Sarah, “I think I have to do a cartwheel.” She said, “HOOOLD ON, let me get this on film!



So there you have it. "Rejoice in the Lord always, again I say rejoice!" Phil. 4:4 
Cartwheels and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment